Connecting to Core-Deakin services remotely (Staff)
Below are a few proactive measures that can be enacted to ensure your workstations are setup to work from home.
1. Ensure to change your password before you start working from home if it is due to be changed (Staff passwords expire every 6 months)
2. If you have bookmarks/favorites on your browser ensure you are signed in to the browser and the account is synced.
3. Make sure your offline files are up to date by syncing via the Sync Center.
4. Install any required software in advance.
5. Try establishing a VPN Connection using a mobile hotspot or from home.
Connecting to the VPN
Connecting to services from home
Accessing your home drive or shared drives from home
How to map a network drive (Windows)
How to map a network drive (macOS)
Collaborating with other staff/team members
1. Instant Messaging and Group Chats - Microsoft Teams
2. Audio/Video meetings - Zoom, Microsoft Teams
- How to get started with Zoom?
3. File collaboration
- How to access OneDrive
- Sharing Files using OneDrive
Installing software off-campus
Installing Self Service software on a Deakin Desktop Mac
Installing software from the Self Install Share
Need more help?
Look through our knowledge base to identify any support articles.
Please contact the IT Service desk if you require further assistance.