Cisco AnyConnect (VPN) – Installation & Usage Instructions (Linux)
This article will demonstrate how to install and use Cisco AnyConnect VPN, which is required to access certain shared drives or services required by Deakin.
Table of Contents
- First, please visit the Deakin Software Library and search for "Cisco AnyConnect".
Otherwise you can use the Categories sidebar and navigate to Connectivity Tools > Mobile Apps > Cisco AnyConnect.
- On the Cisco AnyConnect page, scroll down to "Download Cisco AnyConnect for Windows, Mac and Linux", and select it.
- You'll be prompted with a number of options. Select "Download for Linux" beneath the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client. This will typically be the first option.
- Follow these steps:
|tar -zxvf anyconnect-linux64-4.6.04056-predeploy-k9.tar.gz
Using Cisco AnyConnect
- On your computer, search for and open "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client".
- If Cisco AnyConnect is not in your applications menu, open a terminal and enter the command shown below:
- There are two VPN services to choose from. Please select from the below options that suits your needs.
- In the next window, please enter your Deakin Username, and your Deakin Password.
- As a Deakin staff member, or anyone using MFA with Duo Mobile, you will be required to enter a second password.
Open your Duo Mobile app, or prepare your MFA token.
- If all log-in information is correct, you should log in successfully after a brief period of Cisco AnyConnect loading.
Next time you need to connect to the VPN, please be aware you will be prompted to sign in again.