Establishing a secure (VPN) connection to Deakin using Cisco AnyConnect (Mac)
Use these instructions to install the pre-configured version of the AnyConnect client for a Mac that is not managed by Deakin eSolutions (e.g. your personal laptop).
Installing Cisco AnyConnect
- Open the Deakin Software Library and select Browse By Category
- Under Connectivity tools select Cisco AnyConnect
- Download the version of Cisco AnyConnect that is appropriate for your computer. You may need to enter your Deakin username and password to download the installer
- Launch the installer. The program will install the software and required settings - no further action is required.
Establishing a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection
- Open the Cisco folder in your main Applications folder, then open the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client app to start a secure VPN connection
- Select Deakin VPN and click Connect
- Enter your Deakin User Name and Password when prompted
- An AnyConnect icon will appear in your menubar while you are connected
- To disconnect, click the AnyConnect icon, then select Disconnect. This will end your secure session.
Please note that if you Quit the AnyConnect app, the secure session will be ended. You can close the connection window without ending the session.