How do I request new software that is not in the Software Store?
If there is software that you need for your work that is not already available in your Software Center or the Software Store, you can request that it be made available by lodging a request in the Software Store.
How to request software that is not in the store
Note: There may be a delay in the software becoming available for your machine while your request is processed. If your software request is urgent, please contact the eSolutions Finance Team.
- Follow the shortcut to the Software Store in your Start menu, or visit the Software Store in your web browser.
- Search first to see if the software you need is already available in the Software Store. You can search using the name or the software type (e.g. video editing).
- If the software you need is not found in the Store, start by selecting '[New/Renew Software]' on the left-hand sidebar.
In the services list that is provided, locate 'Request Software not in Software Store', and select 'Add'.
- First, click on the shopping basket on the top-right corner of the window.
Next, click the 'View' button beside the 'Request Software not in Software Store' listing in your basket.
You will be required to fill out the entire form that is presented to you. Take your time filling this out.
- Once you are satisfied, simply click 'Submit'.
What happens next?
Once the request has been received by the eSolutions Finance team, the details will be checked and then passed on to the eSolutions Desktop Unit to deploy the software to your machine.