Can I install Adobe Creative Cloud on a non-Deakin computer?
I have a University owned or leased machine that is not running the Deakin Desktop managed operating system, can I install it?
To install Creative Cloud onto a University-owned machine that is not running the Deakin Desktop image, the software can be installed from the Software Library website. This method of install is only permitted to be used on University owned or leased computers, and cannot be used on privately owned personal computers, or on machines owned or leased by a non-Deakin entity, even if a Deakin staff member uses that computer on a day-to-day basis (e.g. a Deakin staff member on placement at a hospital, using a computer supplied by that hospital).
The Software Library website installer will only install the Adobe Creative Cloud application. You will need to log in to this application with your Deakin University credentials, and from there you can install whichever applications you wish to use.
Can I install Creative Cloud on my personal computer?
Our agreement with Adobe includes the provision of a Home Use option available to all staff members. Under this option a staff member can install the Adobe Creative Cloud apps by signing into the Adobe Creative Cloud utility using their Deakin Federated ID.
- Go to the Deakin Software Library website and download the Adobe Creative Cloud application.
- Install the software onto your computer.
- After installation, Adobe Creative Cloud will automatically start and ask you to sign in.
- Enter your full Deakin University email address, which is typically of the form firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Adobe Creative Cloud will automatically redirect before you enter your password. This is normal.
- If you have previously used your Deakin email address to create a personal Adobe ID, you will be prompted to choose between Adobe ID Personal Account or Enterprise ID Company or School Account, Click Enterprise ID.
If you have not previously used your Deakin email address to create a personal Adobe ID, this step will be skipped.
- The Deakin University Single Sign On screen appears. Enter your Deakin username and password and click Sign On.
- When prompted with the Single Sign On Digital ID card, click the Continue to www.okta.com button.
- Adobe Creative Cloud installation will complete.
Once installation of Adobe Creative Cloud is complete, individual applications such as Photoshop can be installed from the Adobe Creative Cloud "Apps" panel, available in the System Tray (Windows) or menu (Mac).
For more information on using Adobe Creative Cloud see Adobe's article "Use the Creative Cloud desktop app to manage your apps and services".
Note: Adobe may periodically ask you to install an update for the main Creative Cloud Desktop utility, which should be installed when prompted. You may need to sign back in after updating the main utility - please follow steps 3-9 above.