Can I install Adobe Creative Cloud on a non-Deakin computer?
I have a University owned or leased machine that is not running the Deakin Desktop managed operating system, can I install it?
To install Creative Cloud onto a machine not running the Deakin Desktop image, the software will be made available on the Deakin Software Library website. This method of install is only permitted to be used on University owned or leased computers, and cannot be used on privately owned personal computers, or on machines owned or leased by a non-Deakin entity, even if a Deakin staff member uses that computer on a day-to-day basis (e.g. a Deakin staff member on placement at a hospital, using a computer supplied by that hospital).
The Software Library website installer will install all Adobe Creative Cloud applications. If any are not desired, they can be uninstalled afterwards. Individual product installers are not provided, as there are more than 20 products, each having Windows and Mac versions. The user cannot choose products, as the only way for the license code to be embedded is to use Adobe's silent installation process; eSolutions will not be supplying the license code under any circumstances. However, we are happy to upgrade non-managed machines to Deakin Desktop, which will then allow individual product installation through the Deakin Software catalogue.
How do I install it on my personal computer?
Our agreement with Adobe includes the provision of a Home Use option available to all staff members. Under this option a staff member can install the Adobe Creative Cloud apps by signing into Adobe using their Deakin Federated ID.
- Go to the Adobe Creative Cloud website and download the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop application.
- Follow Adobe's instructions to install Creative Cloud Desktop.
- After installation, Creative Cloud Desktop will automatically start and ask you to sign in.
- Enter your full Deakin email address, which is typically of the form firstname.lastname@example.org
- Creative Cloud Desktop will automatically redirect before you enter your password. This is normal.
- If you have previously used your Deakin email address to create a personal Adobe ID, you will be prompted to choose between Adobe ID Personal Account or Enterprise ID Company or School Account, Click Enterprise ID.
If you have not previously used your Deakin email address to create a personal Adobe ID, this step will be skipped.
- The Deakin University Single Sign On screen appears. Enter your Deakin username and password and click Sign On.
- When prompted with the Single Sign On Digital ID card, click the Continue to www.okta.com button.
- Creative Cloud Desktop installation will complete.
From the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop menu in the System Tray (Windows) or menu (Mac), you can choose to install individual Creative Cloud apps, such as Photoshop.