Office 365 – Accessing Office 365 Online
If you're a Deakin student or staff member, you probably have a version of Microsoft Office installed on your desktop or laptop computer.
Now, you can also access Office on your smartphone, tablet or any computer or laptop. Office 365 lets you access everything online, in the cloud—all you need is an internet connection.
What can I do with Office 365 Online?
- See your mail, calendar and contacts on any computer, using Outlook Web App.
- Store your files in OneDrive and then access them from any computer, anywhere. Deakin students and staff get 1024.00GB (1TB) storage on OneDrive.
- Share your files with your colleagues, classmates or partners, under your control.
- Co-author documents in real-time and see all the changes as they happen.
- Follow people and documents, seeing updates in your news feed.
- Use Office Web Apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote) on any computer or tablet.
- Link to the Deakin social media platform, Yammer.
- Link to online collaborative spaces for small and large teams in SharePoint.
How do I access Office 365 Online?
On a Deakin Managed Device
On a Deakin managed PC, select Start > All Programs > Microsoft Office 365.
Using a Web Browser
- On other devices (i.e., Deakin Macs, mobile devices and other non-Deakin computers) visit www.office.com/login.
- You'll be prompted with Microsoft's Sign On screen. Enter your Deakin Email Address, then click Next.
- You will be greeted with the Office 365 Online menu. From here, you can Install Office to your personal computer (more information can be found here) or use Office 365's features online.