How do I join a Virtual Meeting Point (VMP) using an AMX touch panel?
Joining the Virtual Meeting Point (VMP)
- If the AMX touch panel screen is blank, touch it to wake it up.
- Touch the Start button. The system will startup - this may take 5-10 seconds.
- You will be presented with a screen similar to the one below. To start a video conference call, press the green Call button or alternatively the Right Display Far End button.
- Use the navigation keys to scroll through the phone book.
- Press on the Virtual Meeting Point (VMP) you would like to join.
- Press the green Dial button.
- The system will then dial the VMP, and you will be connected just like a normal video conference.
- If you are the first participant to join the conference, a voice message will let you know. A beep will sound when a participant joins or leaves the VMP. The sound is a higher pitched when a participant joins, and lower pitched sound when a participant leaves.
- To present from a laptop or the in-room PC during a video conference, make the appropriate selection from the touch panel, as suggested below.
- To control the camera, press the SelfView button and the camera controls will become available.
Leaving the Virtual Meeting Point (VMP)
- Press the red Hang up button at the top of the screen, or alternatively on the phonebook popup that can be displayed by pressing Far End.
- Press Yes, Hangup when prompted.