Establishing a secure (VPN) connection to Deakin using Junos Pulse (Windows 8.1)
These instructions are for Windows 8.1 ONLY.
If you are using Windows 7 or Windows 8.0, please refer to this article
Deakin eSolutions (DeS) has identified a problem with the inbuilt Windows 8.1 client, the client does not work in all cases. DeS are currently working on a resolution for this problem.
Connecting to Junos Pulse in Windows 8.1
1. Navigate to the right of your screen to activate the Charms bar. Select Search and type VPN. Tap/click Manage virtual private networks.
2. Tap/click Add a VPN connection.
3. Configure the VPN connection as per the following:
- VPN provider: Juniper Networks Junos Pulse
- Connection Name: Deakin VPN (This is not a mandatory name, you can give the connection any name you wish).
- Server name or address: secureaccess.deakin.edu.au
You also have the option to remember your sign-in information. Whether you choose to do this or not is entirely up to you, although it is not recommended on a shared computer
4. Tap/click Save.
5. Navigate to the right of the screen to access the Charms bar. Select Search and type Connect. Then Tap/click Connect to a network.
6. Tap/click Deakin VPN (or whatever you named the connection earlier), then Connect.
7. Enter your Deakin Username and Password when prompted (you must enter your username as du\username). Tap/click OK.
8. You should now be Connected, as indicated by the icon.
How do I disconnect?
1. Navigate to the right of the screen to access the Charms bar. Select Search and type Connect. Then Tap/click Connect to a network.
2. Tap/click on your Deakin VPN connection, then tap/click Disconnect.