Establishing a secure (VPN) connection to Deakin using Junos Pulse (Windows 8.1)
These instructions are for Windows 8.1 ONLY.
If you are using Windows 7 or Windows 8.0, please refer to this article
Connecting to Junos Pulse in Windows 8.1
1. Navigate to the right of your screen to activate the Charms bar. Select Search and type VPN. Tap/click Manage virtual private networks.
2. Tap/click Add a VPN connection.
3. Configure the VPN connection as per the following:
- VPN provider: Juniper Networks Junos Pulse
- Connection Name: Deakin VPN (This is not a mandatory name, you can give the connection any name you wish).
- Server name or address: secureaccess.deakin.edu.au
You also have the option to remember your sign-in information. Whether you choose to do this or not is entirely up to you, although it is not recommended on a shared computer
4. Tap/click Save.
5. Navigate to the right of the screen to access the Charms bar. Select Search and type Connect. Then Tap/click Connect to a network.
6. Tap/click Deakin VPN (or whatever you named the connection earlier), then Connect.
7. Enter your Deakin Username and Password when prompted (you must enter your username as du\username). Tap/click OK.
8. You should now be Connected, as indicated by the icon.
How do I disconnect?
1. Navigate to the right of the screen to access the Charms bar. Select Search and type Connect. Then Tap/click Connect to a network.
2. Tap/click on your Deakin VPN connection, then tap/click Disconnect.