What is Microsoft Office 365?
......is your Deakin Office in the cloud
If you're a Deakin Staff member or Student, you've probably already got a version of Microsoft Office on your desktop or laptop computer. This is what we call a "desktop" or "client" application, meaning that the application is installed on your computer. Up until now, you couldn't access Office on another computer that didn't have Office already installed, or on a mobile device like a smartphone or tablet.
With Office 365, all that is about to change. Office 365 lets you:
- access everything you need to be productive via your MySite, anywhere you go, on any device
- store your files in your personal cloud library OneDrive, and then access them from any computer, anywhere
- share your files with your colleagues or partners, under your control
- use Office Web Apps (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and OneNote) on any computer or tablet, using the web-browser
- co-author documents in real-time and see all the changes as they happen
- follow people and documents, seeing updates in your newsfeed
- link to our Deakin social media platform, Yammer
- see your mail, calendar and contacts on any computer using Outlook Web App.
- link to online collaborative spaces for small and large teams in SharePoint (coming in 2014).
Need help with Office 365?