How to configure Deakin email/calendar in Outlook 2011 (Mac OS X)
Note: these instructions assume you have already installed Office 2011 on your Mac computer, and have an active internet connection.
1. Open Outlook 2011 by selecting Applications > Microsoft Office 2011 > Microsoft Outlook.
2. If this is the first time you have opened Outlook 2011, the Welcome to Outlook window will open. Click Add Account.
- If you have previously opened Outlook, click Outlook in the menu bar and then select Preferences.
- Select Accounts in the Outlook Preferences window.
3. Click the Exchange Account button in the Accounts window.
4. Enter your Exchange account information, then click Add Account.
- Your Email address:
- Staff - email@example.com
- Student - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Method - User Name and Password
- Your User name - exactly the same as the email address you entered
- Your Deakin password
5. Change the Account Description to Deakin.
Warning: Your computer may "hang" with the spinning pinwheel when changing the Account description - do not panic, give it a few minutes.
6. The Accounts window can now be closed.
The configuration is now complete. Your email and other Exchange data will start downloading.
Need further help?
For support, contact the eSolutions IT Service Desk. You can check the contact numbers and operating hours on the IT Service Desk page.
Find Deakin on: