This site requires JavaScript to be enabled

Can I extend my student visa to attend my graduation ceremony?


You will not be able to extend your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) or student visa to attend you graduation ceremony or event, as student visas are only for the purpose of study.

You can investigate if there are other visa options available that may allow you to attend your ceremony by visiting:

You can also contact the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) or a Registered Migration Agent for advice about applying for a suitable visa to remain in Australia to attend a graduation ceremony. Under legislation, Deakin is not permitted to provide you with migration or visa advice.