This site requires JavaScript to be enabled

How do I update my legal name?


If your legal name has changed, you must complete the Change your personal details form as soon as possible to notify Deakin and update your details. You will need to attach certified documentation supporting the name change. 

Acceptable forms of evidence are:

Please note that the marriage certificate issued on the day of the wedding, known as a commemorative certificate, is not sufficient. The marriage certificate must be issued by the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages.

Also be aware that if you have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) recorded with Deakin, then you will need to update your legal name through the Australian Government USI update your details form. It is important that your legal name recorded in Deakin’s records match your USI for your USI to remain valid.

Find out more about changing your details on the Change your personal details webpage.