This site requires JavaScript to be enabled

I'm an international student and I've finished my course early, can I stay in Australia?


If you are on a student visa and finish your course early, then you will not be able to stay in Australia on that visa.

Deakin is obligated to change your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) to 'Finished' and notify the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) of your early completion.

As general advice for students in Australia, provided on the basis of early course completion and saved on the Department of Home Affairs website as of 19 October 2021:

However, you should seek advice specific and up to date with your situation by contacting the Department of Home Affairs or visiting their Study situation website. You should also talk to a registered Migration Agent or Lawyer, or contact DUSA’s Deakin Student Legal Service and request an appointment (subject to availability).