What are Deakin's password requirements?
For security reasons, your password must meet university requirements. The system will reject passwords that do not meet the specified criteria.
What is the password criteria?
Your password must:
1. Consist of a minimum of eight and a maximum of sixteen characters. Passwords for Alumni and Council members should be 12 characters.
2. Contain a combination of at least three of the following four character types:
- Lowercase letters (a - z)
- Uppercase letters (A - Z)
- Numbers (0 - 9)
- The following symbols only .=-!_#()
3. Your password must not contain three or more characters from your Deakin username.
4. Your password must be different from your previous five passwords. If you attempt to use a password you have used before, you will receive an error message that the password requirements criteria have not been met.
How can I remember my password but keep it secure?
The easiest way to remember a password and keep it secure is to pick a sentence that reminds you of the password. For example:
- Hope my car gets through 2 semesters! (Hmcgt2s!)
- What time is Class in room 9! (WtiCir9!)
- I hope i remember my deakin password! (Ihirmdp!)
- i like my lucky Number #86 (ilmlN#86)