This site requires JavaScript to be enabled

How do I update my citizenship status?


If your citizenship or visa status changes, you'll need to inform Deakin as soon as possible. Please note that this may impact your fees and eligibility for a scholarship, bursary or alumni discount and changes to your enrolment and fees will not be backdated.

Changing from Permanent Resident (PR)/New Zealand citizen status to Australian citizen status

To have your status updated to being an Australian citizen, submit an enquiry including an attached certified copy of your Australian Citizenship certificate to Student Central using the form below.

Once your status has been updated, the Fees team will contact you regarding your fees and your eligibility to apply for the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP). Please allow five working days for the Fees team to contact you.

Changing from International student on a student visa to Temporary Resident (TR) OR Permanent Resident (PR)

To change your visa status, you will need to email a certified copy of your passport and new visa to the International Compliance team at

Once the International Compliance team receives the details of your new visa, your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) will be cancelled, your status will be updated in Deakin's system and you will be notified by email.

If you are now a Permanent Resident, the Fees team will contact you regarding changes in your fees.