This site requires JavaScript to be enabled

How do I apply for a transport travel concession?


Domestic students

If you are a domestic student, you can check your eligibility and print your Student Travel Concession form through the Student Travel Concession system accessible via StudentConnect under ‘personal details’. If you are eligible, you can print a copy and take it to your nearest participating Public Transport Office for processing. Visit the PTV website for locations and hours of operation.

Deakin students who are Australian citizens or permanent residents or students with refugee status or studying as part of an approved overseas exchange program are eligible for a concession if they are studying full time in an on-campus undergraduate course.

Deakin students are issued concession cards for the calendar year in which you are enrolled. If the Student Travel Concession system says you are ineligible for a concession card or you are given a six-month concession card you may be enrolled incorrectly, or are enrolled as a part-time student for part of the year. If you believe you are entitled to a concession card for the full calendar year, please contact Student Central.

International students

Save 50% on public transport across Victoria with the International Student Travel Pass. Choose from a discounted statewide, Zone 2-only or regional zone myki pass that gives you unlimited travel on buses, trams, and metropolitan and V/Line trains for 90, 180 or 365 days. Find out more about Victorian metropolitan and regional travel zones.

To be eligible, you must be an international student who is enrolled in a full-time undergraduate course at Deakin. You can buy the pass at any time – it will be valid from the time you first touch on your myki.

To apply:

If you’ve used the pass before (it was previously called ‘iUSEpass’), you’ll still need to apply for a new code from Deakin. Then, just log into your existing account, select ‘Renew pass’ and enter your new code.