This site requires JavaScript to be enabled

How do I pay back HELP loans?


If you've taken out a Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) loan, you'll need to start repaying your debt to the Australian Tax Office (ATO) through the tax system once you earn above the compulsory repayment threshold.  You can also choose to make a voluntary repayment to the ATO at any time. You cannot make payments directly to Deakin for fees already deferred to the ATO.

The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) tracks your accumulated HELP debt through the tax system. They can provide you with a record of your HELP loans, indexation amounts and voluntary or compulsory repayments via your myGov account

Find out how to view and repay your HELP debts through the Government StudyAssist website.