This site requires JavaScript to be enabled

Can I study more than one course as an international student?


If you’re a Deakin international student, you can study more than one course.

As of 29 June 2021, international students on a student visa can enrol in short courses (also known as supplementary courses), such as hobby and recreational courses and other professional development short courses (for example, first aid, infection control, construction white cards, and responsible service of alcohol courses) which may be required for employment while living in Australia. These courses will not lead to a qualification recognized under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). This means these supplementary courses can be offered to overseas students without being registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).

As an international student, you can undertake these short courses while meeting your student visa requirements. You can find more information about supplementary courses on the Department of Education, Skills and Employment website. You can search for providers delivering supplementary courses on the website.

Please note that if you’re a student on a student visa seeking to undertake additional study, you should be aware of the requirements of your student visa and will need to: