You can talk to a Student Adviser for advice about whether deferring is the right option for you.
Find their contact details on the Student Central webpage, or submit an enquiry below.
You can’t defer your offer if you:
- have been re-admitted to a course
- are already enrolled
- are a cross-institutional student
- are studying a non-award unit(s)
- have received an offer for the Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery
- have received an offer for a short course or a Job-ready course.
If you decide to defer your VTAC offer, complete the VTAC deferral of offer form by the deadline in your offer email. Your deferral will be automatically approved and you will receive a receipt number.
Students who receive an offer for H309 Medical Imaging should instead complete the deferral of offer form.
Find out more on the How to defer webpage.
If you have already enrolled, then you can apply for intermission to suspend your studies while keeping your place in your course. Find out more about intermission on the Intermit or discontinue webpage.