This site requires JavaScript to be enabled

How do I apply for HECS-HELP?


If you're enrolled in a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) you may be eligible to apply for a HECS-HELP loan to defer the payment of your student contribution tuition fees. 

With HECS-HELP, The Commonwealth Government will pay your tuition fees (student contribution) amount directly to Deakin. This amount is then reported to the Australian Taxation Office and will become your HELP debt. 

Request HECS-HELP by completing the Commonwealth Assistance Form (eCAF) and providing your Tax File Number (TFN) via StudentConnect. Then complete Question 9, "Obtain a HECS-HELP loan for ALL or PART of my student contribution amount", to defer your fees. If eligible, your application is automatically approved.

Find the conditions and further instructions for applying for HECS-HELP on the Government HELP schemes page.

If you complete your eCAF and provide your TFN, any amount still owing as at census date will be deferred to the Australian Taxation Office. More information is available on the StudyAssist and ATO websites.

Be aware there are other fees and charges not covered by HECS-HELP. View your invoice in StudentConnect for any outstanding amounts.