It's recommended that students change their passwords regularly every 180 days to maintain security. You can change your password at any time by following these instructions:
- Go to the Deakin change password webpage.
- Enter your Deakin username and current password.
- Select whether you would like to choose your own password or use the password generator.
- If you chose to create your own password, enter it in the new password and confirm password fields.
- Click Change password.
If you are using a Deakin Workstation, you can also change your password by following the appropriate instructions:
If you've forgotten your password reset it by:
- On any device, open a web browser and go to the Reset forgotten password webpage.
- Select Current Student.
- Enter your Student ID and Date of Birth.
- Select your code retrieval method, then enter your mobile number or email address that is registered in StudentConnect and select Submit.
- Enter the verification code from the SMS/email and select Submit.
- Enter your new password twice and select Set Password.
If you are generating your password for the first time, see How do I create a Deakin IT account and generate my username and password?
If you have any problems changing your password contact the IT Service Desk for assistance.