This site requires JavaScript to be enabled

How many units do I need to study each year as an international student?


International students with a student visa and CoE must study full time

From Trimester/Semester 2 2022, if you are an international student with a student visa and confirmation of enrolment (CoE), you are required to enrol into a full-time study load of eight credit points or equivalent per academic year.

Are you currently based overseas?

If you have a student visa and CoE and are currently located off-shore, you are advised to make arrangements to return to Australia as soon as possible.

You should visit the COVID-19 (coronavirus) FAQs – International students blog for the latest information under ‘Temporary changes to student visas’ as well as other things you should know as an international student.

Please make sure you meet all the other expectations to maintain your student visa from the Compliance and Visas webpage.