International students with a student visa and CoE must study full time
From Trimester/Semester 2 2022, if you are an international student with a student visa and confirmation of enrolment (CoE), you are required to enrol into a full-time study load of eight credit points or equivalent per academic year.
- To find out what counts as a full-time study load, visit the Enrolment Conditions for your Student Visa webpage.
- If you need to add units to Trimester 2 2022, make sure you add these units now in StudentConnect.
- If there are reasons why you can’t study full-time, please make an appointment with a Student Adviser as soon as possible.
Are you currently based overseas?
If you have a student visa and CoE and are currently located off-shore, you are advised to make arrangements to return to Australia as soon as possible.
- If you aren’t returning to Australia in Trimester 2 2022, please complete the Study and arrival plans for 2022 online form as soon as possible.
- If you are enrolled as an on-campus student and have a CoE and don’t return to study in Australia at the start of Trimester 1 2023, we are required to cancel your CoE.
You should visit the COVID-19 (coronavirus) FAQs – International students blog for the latest information under ‘Temporary changes to student visas’ as well as other things you should know as an international student.
Please make sure you meet all the other expectations to maintain your student visa from the Compliance and Visas webpage.