This site requires JavaScript to be enabled

Can I go overseas and return to Australia before my visa expires if I have finished my course?


If you have finished your course as an international student and wish to leave and then return to Australia before your visa expires, then you should contact the Department of Home Affairs (DHA). They will provide advice for making sure you avoid any issues while travelling.

Please note that if you do not intend to study when you return to Australia on your student visa, you can apply for another type of visa which is more aligned to your intentions. You can explore other visa options on the Department of Home Affair’s website.

Please also check your visa conditions via VEVO prior to your return to Australia.