This site requires JavaScript to be enabled

How do I apply for FEE-HELP?


If you're an eligible domestic fee paying student, you can apply for FEE-HELP by completing the Commonwealth Assistance form (FEE-HELP) and providing your Tax File Number and USI (Unique Student Identifier) on StudentConnect. You only need to complete this form once for each course and must submit it before the census date to have it apply for the current study period.

If you take out a FEE-HELP loan, the Commonwealth Government pays the loan amount directly to Deakin on your behalf and a HELP debt is recorded for you with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).

Find information about eligibility criteria and applying for FEE-HELP on the Government HELP schemes page.

FEE-HELP does not cover other fees and charges, such as accommodation, technology, text books or your Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF). Check your invoice in StudentConnect each study period. The tuition fees will display as owing on your invoice just in case you would like to make a payment before census date.

You will also be issued with a Commonwealth Assistance Notice (eCAN) each enrolled study period. The eCAN details any amount deferred to the ATO. We encourage you to view and download a copy of your eCAN for your records.